14 April, 2010

Provoking Thoughts of Mine

What am I worth? Am I worth the price of the objects I possess? or am I something more? Now my family would say this is a redundant question, because I am priceless. And my worth cannot be measured by any worldly standard. But isn't that what the adversary is really telling us? That we are worthless and unimportant. How sad it is that people give into such hopeless thoughts about themselves. Now I'm not saying I've never felt worthless. I have. At specific times in my life I have felt that my life was meaningless and worth nothing. That I had nothing of value to contribute to those around me. And who would care whether I was there or not? Their lives would go on and I was sure they didn't need me. Why would anyone need me? Everyone else has someone to go to. I didn't think I was the "Go-To" friend when someone needed help...so who would care if I was gone. Well as it turns out...I am the "Go-To" person for many of my friends. They value my experiences and opinions for whatever reason. But I still have doubts about my worth. That grain has been planted into my subconscious. I question myself and others motives, but life has taught me that I need to do that. Not because I am worthless. Because I have had experiences with people using me and my friendship for their own personal gain and leaving me in the dust. Which is something that has never sat well with me. I don't appreciate being used. No one really does.

No comments:

Post a Comment