10 May, 2016

Stupid Teenagers

Well, lets see...not sure exactly what to write. Maybe I'm just rambling on here because its late and I'm bored. Water Polo is almost over. Thank goodness, cause I've had it up to here with all these teenage girls. I am not a drama person. I don't like it, I don't usually deal with drama or dramatic people, and I have had so much drama this season. It never fails. Almost every season, always at the end, we get these girls who cause all this drama crap. EVERY YEAR....if I could, I think I would only coach the Boys season. Boys are more dedicated, work harder, more aggressive with the sport, and overall, are so much easier to work with. They don't cause a bunch of drama. If they are mad about something, they punch the guy and then its over with. None of this back stabbing, bad mouthing, drama that the girls do. It's always about the sport with the guys, they always just want to get better. And I love that. THe girls are always so worried about what they look like or if they are going to look stupid because they don't know everything about the sport. Let me tell you, the boys couldn't care less if they look dumb. The guys just want to play. And the girls hold these grudges for decades! its so STUPID. The guys just want to beat the other team...which is what the girls should do. But they psych themselves out over the stupidest thing. And the girls get so distracted by boyfriends. Guys who have girlfriends, never skip practice to be with them. Sports are always the priority for the guys. It just astounds me that these girls would do that. I had a boyfriend in high school. He understood that I had team practice and would come support me at games and I understood he had his own life and responsibilities. It was never this needy, whiny, insecurity that these athletes/teenagers have now. I knew who I was, I knew what I wanted (to play polo or swim) and nothing, boy, injury, etc. would get in my way. I have always been an athlete. So I don't understand this generations lack of commitment to their sport. It just boggles my mind. I have never met a more disinterested generation. Its all about the social media (snapchat, facebook, instagram). How many likes and smileys they can get somehow adds up to their self worth. Maybe I am lucky that I've always been sure of who I am. At least sure of who I am as a human being. That, yes, others opinions do matter, but not everyone's opinion. Anyway, that's enough of my ranting. I hope that my future children will know who they are and be comfortable with that. I hope my little Sullivan will grow to be a confident young man who is comfortable with life and who he will become. I hope what someone might take from this isn't that I think all teenagers nowadays are stupid shallow idiots. I just hope that these kids will learn to be who they are without all this social media crap. Cause it doesn't matter how many likes a person gets, that doesn't show how much you are valued as a person. Actual relationships with people, who genuinely love and care for them is what matters. Loving acts of kindness, charity, and love, along with common courtesy for our fellow man, will show what kind of person you are. Dedicated to their sports, school, family, religion, etc., without just quitting in the middle because it gets too difficult. But actually finishing what they start with 100% and using what they learn to help with future life experiences and events.

No comments:

Post a Comment