16 March, 2010

Goals

Life is surprising in many ways. We have a mental picture of where we want to be in our life and then we have the actual reality that we don't always make it to our dream/goal. It isn't really something to feel bad about it. Just something to be mindful of. That though we plan and make goals in actuality we don't always achieve what we want. We may try our best but most of the time we don't make it. I don't know if you can regret not achieving a goal if it alters or changes over time. Since a lot of the time our goals change as we grow up. People always ask, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" well many kids say they want to be a super hero or a vet or even a teacher...but as they grow up they change their minds. They end up choosing something they never expected. Not to say that that is a bad thing. It most certainly is not. Its always good to have lots of options.

My own personal goals...I'm not sure anymore. My ultimate goal is to be a mother. Not right now of course...because that would require getting married and I'm currently not. But I thought I wanted to be an Art major...and then it changed to Forensic Anthropologist....which is something I find fascinating. But am I qualified for it? I'm not so sure on that one. I hope to succeed in such a difficult field, sure, but do I have the patience or discipline to focus all my energy on that? We shall have to see. Since I currently don't know. Being an Art Major would be fun. Since I have a talent in that area. But the focus is on the future. Will having a degree in Art pay the bills? Will I be able to enjoy it still or will it become a chore? I love art. I love drawing and attempting to express myself in such a way but will I still enjoy it if I have to do it? Whereas, anthropology I can get a job. Either teaching anthropology, or making my own personal studies in that field that people haven't considered before. It would be a constant fascination with people. Why we do things, how we do them, how we came to that conclusion and acted on it. All of those things I find intriguing. What to do....what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment