24 November, 2010

How Music Effects Our Emotions

Music really does create a huge impact on us. It can alter our moods, even our thinking. What each individual considers music is another matter. Some forms of entertainment I don't really consider music, but, trash. Most rap for example. I don't really consider music. Many people would think a majority of my music choice is just "noise" rather then music. SO how do we decipher between what "noise" is and what music is? I have nieces who make up songs all the time and they think its music but generally I consider it noise. So it comes down to the individual. I woke up this morning with a rather "low" emotional basis. I wasn't exactly sad, but nor was I happy. Not that my emotional range consists of just those two either. But for simplicities sake I'll keep it there. So I started listening to love songs...didn't really do much for me. In fact I think they made it worse. So then I went to a drastic change and listened to hard rock/metal...and that didn't really do much for me either. So finally I settled with my 80's mix. For whatever reason, I am now in a fabulous mood. But then again I did just eat, so maybe I'm more content and less grouchy because I have sustenance. Either way, my mood has drastically improved because of what I am currently listening to. I even have specific types of music I listen to for almost every emotion. I have my angry music, my sad/depressed music, my happy music, and I even have specific music I listen to for when I'm drawing. But my music choice is always based on what my current mood is. I find that interesting that I will pick my music based on how I'm emotionally feeling that day/moment. Not saying that everyone does this but I have reason to believe that a majority of humans do. I haven't exactly made an experiment out of this theory but I've made my own observations. Not just with myself, but with those I associate with.

No comments:

Post a Comment