08 November, 2010

Sports

Oh freak. I love sports. I love playing sports, I love watching sports. But oddly enough I love becoming injured from playing sports. Its as if i didn't do my best if I don't get injured in some way.( I know I should seek counseling for something like that but eh ). Anyway, I don't know what it is but if I end up getting injured from playing then it motivates me to play harder/ better. I know it is a weird mentality to have but whatever gets me to play better. Now I do become injured on a fairly regular basis from playing sports so maybe I'm just accident prone. I'm not sure which it is. See I never get injured enough to the point where I cant continue playing and even if I do get injured to that point I ignore it and play anyway. Like when I played Ultimate Frisbee, second game I played I was plowed over and had a small concussion. Now normally most people would stop playing or take it easy after that. Nope, not me. Just keep going and the adrenaline will take care of the rest. And despite that injury I did really well that game. If you ever watched me play water polo, almost every game I had either and ankle taped or multiple fingers. or both. But hey, whatever keeps me in the game. Its something about sports that I love. I love being part of a team and being competitive. And its an enjoyable way to exercise. So, overall, sports are amazing. And even if you don't think you are athletic, who cares. Play anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment